Transportation – Benton County
For a complete listing of fee-based and non-profit transportation for Area IV’s service area, contact the Information and Referral Dept. at 800-382-7556 or 765-447-7683 or fill out our contact form.
Benton County HOPE Transit
HOPE Transit in Benton County is looking for volunteer drivers to transport clients to and from medical appointments. Interested persons must hold a valid Indiana public passenger chauffer’s license or CDL. Volunteer drivers would drive an Agency owned vehicle and receive a per mile stipend. Please contact Stan Minnick, HOPE Transit Program Coordinator at 765-447-7683 or email email@example.com
HOPE (Helping Our People Everyday) Transit provides transportation for older or mobility-impaired people who need to get to a medical appointment. HOPE runs a limited number of hours each day and does require 24-hour notice to make a reservation.
- Serves Benton County residents only.
- Serves persons over age 60, persons with mobility impairments and eligible Medicaid.
- This is a contribution-based program. Your generous contribution will go towards the gas costs plus help pay for a new vehicle when it is time to replace the existing one.
- Hours: Mon. – Fri., 8:00 to 5:00
- Call 48-hours in advance of need of transportation.
- Transportation provided only for medical trips.
- Contact the Area IV office at 800-382-7556 to schedule an appointment or directly call the HOPE driver at 765-404-1174.
Community Public Transportation
Boswell Area Transit Van (BAT Van)
Area Served: Benton County
- Public transportation for all persons living in the service area
- Call at least 48 hours in advance of the day you need transportation
- To schedule a trip, call the Boswell Senior Center at 765-869-4350
- If calling on an evening or a weekend, call 765-869-5184
- This is a contribution-based program. Your generous contribution (based on a suggested amount) will help continue the availability of the transportation system.
- Drivers are volunteers.
- Some pre-scheduled trips available for groups.