Energy Assistance Program
The Energy Assistance Program provides financial assistance to low-income households to maintain utility services during the winter heating season. Area IV Agency will continue to accept applications for Energy Assistance through July 31st.
JUNE 2020 PROGRAM UPDATE
A one-time $350 benefit is now available to households who have one member that has suffered a loss of employment or a reduction in employment hours due to COVID-19. See below for more information on applying:
- The loss of employment must have happened between the dates of March 6, 2020 and July 3, 2020 (July 3rd is the current expiration date of the Executive Order signed by the governor and is subject to change).
- It will be necessary to provide a letter from the employer stating the effective date of the loss of employment.
- If your employer has not re-opened or went out of business, we can still work with you.
- We can also work with those who are self-employed and suffered income loss.
- · The benefit is available to those that have already applied this season (and were approved) and meet the above criteria.
- It’s also available to new applicants, for which we are accepting applications through July 31st, who are determined to be income eligible.
This benefit will be available through the end of the next program year which will be around June of 2021. Also, please note that there will be no summer assistance or air conditioning units provided this summer.
Households that have lost income due to COVID-19 may qualify when they normally would not have. Our offices are not open but clients may apply in the following ways:
- Online at https://ihcda.rhsconnect.com/
- Through the mobile app EAPConnect
- Email us at email@example.com and request the application
- Call 765-447-7683 (option 1) leave a message to have one mailed to them in US mail
- Download application documents listed below
Instructions for Completing Application
Program Application Checklist
2019-2020 Energy Assistance Program Application
Income Verification Affidavit
Energy Education Handout
Energy Education Certification Form
Area IV Agency Program Referral Form
Customer Satisfaction Survey
Click here to access information regarding your appeal rights and rights to timely processing of your Energy Assistance Program application.
2019-2020 EAP Income Guidelines
|Remember to capture all income for the 3 months prior to the month the application was received. (i.e. An app received in February will need January, December, and November income.)
||3 Month Gross