Transportation – Tippecanoe County
For a complete listing of fee-based and non-profit transportation for Area IV’s service area, contact the Information and Referral Dept. at 765-447-7683 or fill out our contact form.
Community Public Transportation
Area IV Public Transportation of Tippecanoe County
Area IV Public Transportation of Tippecanoe County provides demand response, curb-to-curb, advance reservation transportation service within Non-Urbanized Tippecanoe County. Door-to-door service is also available upon request for those needing reasonable assistance beyond the curb.
- Serves Non-Urbanized Tippecanoe County residents only. Round trips must begin and end outside the urbanized area of Tippecanoe County. One way trips must begin or end outside the urbanized area of Tippecanoe County.
- Please click this link to view the Non-Urbanized areas of Tippecanoe County: https://www.tippecanoe.in.gov/DocumentCenter/View/7147/2010-Urban-Area-Map?bidId=
- Transportation is public so anyone can ride.
- This is a contribution-based program. Your generous contribution will go towards the gas costs plus help pay for a new vehicle when it is time to replace the existing one.
- Hours: Mon. – Fri., 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Call 48-hours in advance of need of transportation.
- Transportation provided for medical trips.
- All Medicaid clients wanting to schedule medical trips must do so by calling SoutheasTrans at 1-855-325-7586, option 1.
- Donation based trip please call Area IV 765-447-7683, option 2 to schedule your trip.
60 Years of Age and Older: By DONATION
Public Fares: Tippecanoe County is $5 per one-way trip within the county
Disabled: If 60 or older, by donation. If 59 or younger, public fares apply.
Other Tippecanoe County Transportation
- For persons with disabilities.
- Must go through an application process and provide a doctor's order saying you need this assistance
- Apply through CityBus of Lafayette 765-742-2121