The Indiana Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program helps low income families with the high cost of home energy. Income eligible families are provided a one-time benefit to their heating and electric companies to offset the high cost of utility bills during the winter months.
Heating and electric bills can be difficult to pay. For moderate to low income households, apply to see if Area IV can help. Benefit amounts vary based on application details.
The 2022-2023 Energy Assistance Program will begin on November 1, 2022.
You can apply for assistance in the following ways:
- Apply online here.
- Click the links below to download the 2022-2023 program application and its attachments.
- 2022-2023 Cover Sheet
- 2022-2023 Application Packet Checklist
- 2022-2023 Application Instructions and Privacy Disclosure
- 2022-2023 Application for Assistance
- 2022-2023 Income Verification Affidavit
- 2022-2023 Landlord Affidavit
- 2022-2023 Utility Affidavit
- 2022-2023 Energy Saving Tips_Home Heating
- 2022-2023 Energy Education
- 2022-2023 Area IV Agency Program Referral Form
- 2022-2023 Customer Satisfaction Survey
- 2022-2023 Large Household Attachment
When printing these forms, go to the print settings and make sure the scale of the document is “fit to printable area” or “fit to page.”
- Call 765-447-7683, option 1 to request an application be mailed to you.
- Email your completed application to [email protected].
- Mail your completed application to:
Area IV Agency on Aging and Community Action Programs, Inc.
ATTN: Energy Assistance Program
660 N 36th St, P.O. Box 4727
Lafayette, IN 47903-4727
Area IV Agency provides assistance at the following locations:
1600 W Main St
Lebanon, IN 46052
765-447-7683 ext. 232
901 Prince William Rd
Delphi, IN 46923
765-447-7683 ext. 213
5 S Main St
Frankfort, IN 46041
765-447-7683 ext. 214
Good Samaritan Network
12933 Parkside Dr
Fishers, IN 46038
7230 Arbuckle Commons
Brownsburg, IN 46112
765-447-7683 ext. 265
660 N 36th St
Lafayette, IN 47905
765-447-7683, option 1
519 N Main St
Monticello, IN 47960
765-447-7683 ext. 218