A Matter of Balance
A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels, since many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activity.
The free program is designed to benefit community dwelling older adults who are concerned about falls, have sustained a fall in the past and/or restricted activities because of concerns about falling and for those who are interested in increasing their activity level, and are aged 60 or older, ambulatory, and able to problem solve.
A Matter of Balance is an eight week program, held once a week for two hours. Registrants receive A Matter of Balance workbook and refreshments are provided. The class is taught by trained volunteer coaches.
The participants will learn about different ways to view falls and control their fear of falling. The participants will set realistic goals for increasing physical activity, and how to change their environment to reduce fall risk factors.
Please call us for more details at 765-447-7683 or fill out our contact form.
EnhanceFitness is a low-cost, evidence-based group exercise and falls prevention program that helps older adults at all levels of fitness become more active, energized, and empowered to sustain independent lives.
In a typical class, participants will experience:
- A certified instructor with special training in bringing out the physical best from older adults
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobic workout that gets participants moving to (optional) lively music that the class chooses
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft cuff weights on the arms and legs (0 up to 20 pounds)
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep the muscles flexible
- Dynamic and static balance exercises throughout the class
- Opportunities for participants to make new friends and acquaintances
- Each class may include up to 25 participants, from the frail to the more fit adult.
Complete our contact form or call 765-447-7683 for more information.
Contact Health and Wellness